XPO Logistics Shares Expanded List of COVID-19 Response Actions Ahead of Industry Summit
XPO’s comprehensive COVID-19 response efforts include numerous protocols implemented to protect the physical, financial and emotional well-being of its employees:
- Employees work remotely if able to do so.
- For employees
whoneed to work on site, XPO follows the guidance of the World Health Organization, the US Centers for Disease Control, local regulators, and the company’s own health and safety protocols.
- Physical distancing and PPE guidelines are in effect at all XPO workplaces.
- XPO facilities engage in ongoing cleaning of high-touch areas, as well as deep cleaning of any equipment or area of a facility likely to have been exposed to COVID-19.
- XPO guarantees up to three additional paid days for employees of a facility that closes temporarily for deep cleaning.
- The company added Pandemic Paid Sick Leave to its US and Canadian benefits packages.
- XPO continues to provide alternate work arrangements for employees when medically advisable.
- The company provided Frontline Employee Appreciation Pay to US and Canadian employees.
- XPO expanded access to mental health counseling services.
- For its customers and carriers, XPO added a new electronic dashboard to its XPO Connect™ digital freight platform. The dashboard serves as an access point for pandemic-related alerts in
North Americaand Europeissued by states, provinces, countries and major infrastructure sources, such as municipalities and airports.
Source: XPO Logistics, Inc.